Sausage Balls with Flour
These easy sausage cheese balls are the best holiday appetizer! They're super easy Thanksgiving and Christmas party finger foods. All you need are 4 simple ingredients to make enough appetizers to feed a large crowd! Let's oven bake and air fry these savory snacks.
- 1 lb grated sharp cheddar freshly grated
- 1 cup flour
- 1.25 tsp baking powder
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Freshly grate cheese.
Mix flour & baking powder with the cheese.
Break the ground sausage up into crumbles and mix into cheese. Mix well. There shouldn't be any dry flour left over. Add tiny amounts of milk or water if there's any dry bits that won't mix in. Start with 1 TB of liquid at a time and mix!
Scoop mixture into small balls. Lightly wetting your hands with water will help smooth the balls.
Bake sausage balls at 350 for 18 minutes. You can broil them for 1-2 minutes for a golden crust. Air Fry sausage balls at 350 for 7-10 minutes. Don't overcook them to avoid drying them out. They're done when internal tempature reaches 160 degrees.
- Overcooking these will make dry, tough meatballs - use a meat thermometer and call them done at an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Too much flour can dry these out.
- Using too lean of meat can dry these out.
- The more flour you use, the more milk or water will be needed in the mixture. Use approximately ½ cup milk for every 2 cups of flour. I didn't use liquid when using 1 cup of flour.
Serving: 45ballsCalories: 77kcalCarbohydrates: 2.7gProtein: 3.8gFat: 5.7gSaturated Fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 15.3mgSodium: 146mgPotassium: 2.9mgFiber: 0.1gVitamin A: 3.1IUCalcium: 7.8mgIron: 0.3mg