This is the best side dish to bring to the holidays. These creamed peas are so flavorful you will blow your friends and family away! Not only are these cheap comfort food, but they're easy to make.
MY SECRET INGREDIENT
To make this the most flavorful creamed peas on the planet, I used ham flavored better than bouillon. You can buy it at most Whole Foods, many Krogers, and on Amazon.
Feel free to use any other flavor of bouillon that you have. For example, chicken bouillon would be wonderful, but ham bouillon adds this smoky flavor that will knock everyone's socks off. This is seriously the best-creamed peas recipe ever!
SIMPLE & CHEAP SIDE DISH
With only 5 ingredients, you can make a giant side of veggies for any holiday gathering. This is the most flavorful comfort food on the planet while being generally wholesome.
The broth is what makes this flavorful, but you can leave it out. Add 2 total cups of cream if you omit the broth. Add extra salt and pepper!
LOW CARB SIDE DISH
With only 14g of carbs per serving this dish makes an excellent low carb vegetable side dish!
Need more Recipes?
Best Creamed Peas
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP Flour
- ½ Cup Water
- 3 Teaspoon Ham Bouillon or any flavor
- 1.5 Cups Heavy Cream Cold
- 1 Bag Frozen Peas 12 oz bag
- Melt butter in a skillet over low to medium heat, then whisk in flour. Whisk until flour is smooth and slightly toasted—about two minutes. Be careful not to burn the flour or butter.
- Dissolve 3 teaspoons of bouillon into ½ cup of hot water. Carefully whisk the broth into the flour/butter mixture until smooth.
- Whisk 1.5 cups of cold cream into the mixture until smooth.
- Microwave frozen peas then mix them into the creamy mixture.