This cream cheese coffee foam is whipped silky smooth! You can make this dreamy iced coffee topping in less than 10 minutes with just 3 ingredients. This can easily be made sweetened, unsweetened, low carb, and keto!
Just 3 Ingredients!
All you need is cream cheese, heavy cream, and half & half! It's so easy!
How to sweeten iced coffee with foam?
You can add sugar, powdered sugar, or powdered sugar substitutes. If you're low carb or keto I recommend using swerve.
However, you don't need to sweeten the foam! Because the foam sits on top (most folks do NOT mix it into the coffee) I highly recommend this option:
- lightly sweeten the foam
- add flavored liquid sweeteners or syrups to the ice coffee base
By mixing your iced coffee with syrup you can make an amazing ice coffee deliciously sweet without having to mix your foam topping into your drink. And keeping your cream cheese foam lightly sweetened you can balance all the flavors of your drink. Win-win!!
How to get perfect foam
You're welcome to use all heavy cream. The longer you whip the cream the more voluminous and stiff the peaks will become. But by adding a little half and half cream it cuts the cream content down giving us a silkier softer foam. It's absolute luxury!
Adding powdered sugar or granular sugar to the mix is a great way to sweeten the foam up.
If you want to use a liquid sweetener or syrup add it to the coffee base and NOT the creamy foam. Diluting the foam with no-fat liquids can cause it to not foam up properly.
Hand mixer or Stand Mixer
A blender or food processor will not whip the cream properly.
You can do this by hand with a whisk but an electronic mixer is highly recommended. Hand mixers can cost as little as $10.
Flavored Iced Coffee
I highly recommend adding any of these flavored syrups to the iced coffee base before topping it with cream cheese foam. All of these flavors are so decadent when paired with cream cheese.
- Pumpkin Spice
- Caramel & Salted Caramel
- Mocha & Chocolate
- Cinnamon Horchata
If you haven't checked out the selection of coffee syrups at World Market you are missing out. Set a budget for yourself before you go in because you'll be tempted to try them all. So many choices! Walmart (as most grocery stores) have a small selection of the essential flavors but World Market has every flavor... included toasted marshmallow!!!
How long does this last
If you make a big batch as I did then keep it sealed in the fridge for 3 days. The foam may deflate. You're welcome to whip it back up before adding it to your drink.
If you want to stabilize your foam and keep it holding up then add 3 TB of powdered sugar to every cup of cream you use. There's a great blog post I found that goes in-depth to stabilizing whipped cream!
Cream Cheese Coffee Foam
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar optional, to taste
- ¼ cup half & half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cream together the cream cheese and sweetener with a hand mixer or stand mixer til smooth. If you're not using sweetener then whip cream cheese by itself til smooth.
- Add cold heavy cream and half & half to the whipped cream cheese mixture. Whip all the ingredients until a smooth foam forms. This could take less than 5 minutes.
- Pour iced coffee and any flavored syrup over ice. Top iced coffee with cream cheese foam.
- room temperature cream cheese works best because it whips up smoother faster
- very cold cream and half & half works best because it foams faster
- foam topping is good for 3 days in the fridge though it may deflate